Thursday, April 19, 2012

Wet N' Wild Mega Last Lipstick in #907C Mauve Outta Here

Lately Wet N' Wild has really been steppin' up their game! They've been revamping their old products as well as introducing new products. I've always been a fan of this brand, for being so affordable and having decent quality, so I'm always up for trying new things from them. I've heard nothing but good things about the Mega Last Lipsticks more than any other product, so I thought I'd give them a shot. One of the shades I got was "Mauve Outta Here".

Image and video hosting by TinyPic


Let me just say, it was love at first sight with this lipstick. Not only is this shade simply amazing, but the pigmentation and lasting power is to die for!
I would describe "Mauve Outta Here" as a vibrant violet-toned magenta with a hint of mauve. It is also a matte finish, so it does dry out your lips after awhile. When I wear this, I pair it with a lipgloss. Any clear gloss would do, but I find that my Loreal Color Juice in Grape Soda is the perfect match for this lipstick. I also find that the Mega Last lipsticks I've tried are kind of chalky, but this one isn't at all!

The price is great, considering the quality is amazing. I got this for $2.99 at Walgreen's. Wet N' Wild should be sold at Walgreens, CVS, Rite-Aid as far as I know.

While the product itself has superb quality that doesn't match up to it's low price, the packaging does, unfortunately. The look of it is nice and sleek, but it feels very cheap and plastic-y. When I take the lid off, I feel like it will break and it also seems like the product isn't sturdy.

"Mauve Outta Here" is one out of 26 lipsticks in the MegaLast lipstick line. Other shades in the collection include:
Pink Suga, Think Pink, Bare It All, Just Peachy, Rose-Bud, Smokin' Hot Pink, Wine Room, Sugar Plum Fairy, Coral-ine, Red Velvet, Stoplight Red, In The Flesh, Sandstorm, Mochalicious, Spiked With Rum, Ravin' Raisin, Cinnamon Spice, Cherry Bomb, Vamp It Up, Cherry Picking, Don't Blink Pink, Dollhouse Pink, Pinkerbell, 24 Carrot Gold, and Purty Persimmon.




Comparison Swatches!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Top: Loreal Color Juice in Grape Soda
Bottom (left to right): WNW Mauve Outta Here, MAC Girl About Town, NYX Addis Ababa


Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Wet N' Wild Mauve Outta Here
(can you tell my bottom lip is fatter on one side? i hate that!)


I know I'll be relying on this lipstick when I want to wear something bold to wear. It's not as bold as some of my hot pink lipsticks are, but this lipstick will definitely bring about some stares. If you're into bright lips, definitely check this one out! I think it's a great spring/summer shade, especially for a night out!


Image and video hosting by TinyPic

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...