Thursday, May 23, 2013

My 20th Birthday & The Best Gift Ever!

So if you didn't know already, my birthday was this past Sunday (May 19th). I think it's safe to say that the theme of my birthday this year was definitely something along the lines of complete nostalgic sadness. I'm aware that that probably makes no sense to you all, since birthdays are typically associated with positive adjectives, but to put things in simpler terms: I hate my birthday. I didn't always, in fact, I couldn't wait to grow up and become an adult [when I was younger]. However that all changed last year when my 19th birthday hit. My birthday, being May 19th, makes turning 19 my golden birthday and also happens to be my favorite number. When I turned 19, I was done. I wanted to stay 19 forever. So when my birthday came rolling around this year, I was DREADING it with every inch of childhood I had left in me.
18 was no big deal - just another number, but being able to say that I'm now in my twenties really just freaks me out. I feel like I'm in one of those movies where a parent is taking their child to school that doesn't want to go, where it ends up with the child clinging onto the side of the minivan door being pulled by their legs to their impending educational doom, except I'm a grown women clinging onto the minivan of my childhood being pulled toward the impending doom of ....adulthood.
Have you ever heard the saying, "Don't grow up, it's a trap."? Well if you haven't yet, don't, because it is. I imagine it's not that hard for most people, this whole growing up thing, but you're talking to someone whose favorite type of movies are animated and refuses to sleep without a light on.
I know deep down I'll always be a kid at heart, but it just feels so weird growing up.
What do you guys think about it? Did you feel similar to this at any point in your life? And if so, when do you think is an acceptable time for someone to stop sleeping with their stuffed elephant named Fredrick...?

i have no shame..


ANYWAYS, here are some photos of my birthday. There's only a few and keep in mind it's nothing special, since I felt like the whole day was a big sham and not celebration worthy, but trust me, pizza, cake, and a good movie was all I needed to satisfy my deep sadness birthday needs!
Also, keep reading to find out about the most amazing gift that I received for my birthday!



 Birthday makeup | Inglot 318M, MAC Quarry, Matchmaker, Sketch, Dazzlelight, Lorac 3D Liquid Luster Drops, & Essence Gel Eyeliner
I went soft on the eyes, because I wore a bright fuschia lip (MAC Girl About Town w/ NYX Doll Pink gloss)
 This was the newspaper from the day I was born! My grandma had kept it all these years for me and gave it to me not too long ago.

And now for the surprise birthday gift (which I actually received a couple days pre-birthday) ended up being this sweet little angel. Rob surprised me last Wednesday and told me we were going to pick up a puppy! She's a 13 week old chihuahua and I named her Lily. I'm so completely in love with her!

 Her favorite toy is a stuffed chihuahua that looks just like her..

I'm just going to apologize in advance because I think that this blog may just turn into Lily's Blog because I'm just so obsessed with her. So expect to be overloaded with her cute little munchkin face in future posts!


 photo lovekailan-2.jpg

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...