Tuesday, August 23, 2011

NOTD: Sally Hansen Hard as Nails Xtreme Wear in Mint Sorbet




(please excuse my horrible nail job. i am the worst nail painter that ever lived. i swear, when using the hand i don't write with, it has a mind of it's own...)


I got this shade after lusting for RefreshMint by China Glaze for so long. When I saw this, I decided to give it a try instead because these Sally Hansen Nail Polishes are about half the price of China Glaze. Overall I'd have to say, compared to swatches of RefreshMint, that this shade is about a shade or two darker. Definitely a great dupe!

The application of this nail polish was not streaky; it went on well. I used three coats to get my desired opacity. You definitely have to use two-three to get coverage of your whole nail, one coat still left my nail peaking through. The only thing I didn't like about applying this nail polish, is that after the bottle has been shaken, the brush is soaked with polish and it was annoying to keep having to scrape the sides of it after every dip back in. It also resulted in me putting WAY too much polish on my nails if it wasn't wiped off well enough. 

Overall I love this nail polish and glad I bought this. If you're looking for a great dupe for RefreshMint by China Glaze, definitely try this. I've gotten lots of complements on my nails when wearing this :)

Sally Hansen Hard as Nails Xtreme Wear nail polishes are sold at any drugstore. They retail for about $2.99.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...